Many times we’re asked by employers, “How can I better engage the candidate?”, “How can I hook them so they’ll consider us?”. Unfortunately, there’s no shortcut answer. But companies who are getting the attention of our candidates seem to do well when they’re able tell a good story of the big…
We’re extremely excited to announce that the RailsGirls Summer of Code student application is now open!
The Berlin team, especially the incredible Rails Girls Hero Sven from Travis CI have been working unimaginably hard to bring this to you. Big ups!!
RailsGirls Summer of Code is a…
I recently worked on a project with 60+ old feature branches. Most of them had been merged into
masterand were subsequently abandoned. We decided we wanted to clean up a bit, and git made that easy. Assuming your main branch is named
master, and the remote you are cleaning up is called
Fix for (ArgumentError: invalid byte sequence in US-ASCII)
I was getting the following error whenever I tried to deploy with Capistrano:
** [deploy:update_code] exception while rolling back: Capistrano::ConnectionError, connection failed for: 10.180.82.250 (ArgumentError: invalid byte sequence in US-ASCII) connection failed for: 10.180.82.250 (ArgumentError: invalid byte sequence in US-ASCII)
But after researching I found out that the problem was on some gem’s file and the fix is pretty simple, all you need to do is:
$ export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
$ export LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"
The lines above will force the file system to use UTF-8 and bundle will use UTF-8 for all the gems.
Update: Is better to add the export properties above to your ~/.bash_profile (or ~/.zshrc) otherwise you will have to do the above steps whenever you want to bundle.